I797 revalidation or extension

San Francisco, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

My i94 and i797 has both expired for period 2005-2008.i was employed for 2years in that period and came back to home country by 2006.I have not stamped my visa.that said now 2013 will I be able to revalidate or extend the unused years in h1...

1. Depends on the last date of employment.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

2. No. It has been more than six years since you were on H-1B status.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. It is unclear what type of status you had. Was it H-1B? If so, you cannot simply extend now the unused portion as it likely has expired already. You need to apply again.

We have 3 offices over the State of California and an international office in the Philippines. We do 100% Immigration Law, have done nearly 5000 cases and can help you. Should you want an in depth consultation, please schedule one at blerner.checkappointments.com or call 562-495-0554 or e-mail me directly at blerner@californiaimmigration.us