I751 waiting for interview, changing lawyers?

Asked 8 months ago - Flushing, NY

Been waiting 6 mths for interview date, had an infopass feb.24th, IO said it could take years to schedule interview date which I know is not true because there have been people who filed months after me and have gotten their date. I have a lawyer but doing this all on my own because I can never get my lawyer on the phone, I have spoken to my lawyer once since November 2013 through email. Telling me that they were going to do an e-request, that was since January, to this day I have not heard from them. I know they are not telling me the truth because I placed an e-request 3wks. later and got a response. I am now in the process of reaching out to senator, I want to replace my lawyer but I have already paid them in full, do you think its wise to change lawyers at this point? My lawyer has no

idea that my conditional green card has expired and that I have had 2 infopasses, they have shown that their only interest was in cashing my check and not in my case. My husband and I have been together 14yrs. despite our age difference, I can assure everyone that my marriage is real. Please help

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

2

Answered . Yours is not an immigration law question. You are in a wrong forum. You need to talk to your lawyer. Be straightforward, ask them to refund unused part of the retainer paid and ask for the final bill.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . What you urgently need to do is to immediately seek the second opinion from a highly experienced dImmigration lawyer in your area. Posting such a case specific, long fact pattern in a general forum such as this will not help solve your problem any.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . Without knowing the exact scope and essence of legal work performed by any counsel of record, it is impossible to take sides with anyone or agree with you that your counsel is not telling you the truth. You may, at your volition to change attorneys and retain any counsel of your choice, based on your research and selection. Yet, even at that junction, with a new counsel you could state the same thing that the new counsel is not telling you the truth.

4. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

2

Answered . If you filed a joint petition with your spouse (both of you signed) it is possible that there will not be an interview. Normally, they only do an interview when a joint petition is lacking sufficient evidence to approve it. Most joint petitioners just receive the 10 year card in the mail and do not always have an interview.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice.