I751 waiting for interview, changing lawyers?

Flushing, NY |

Been waiting 6 mths for interview date, had an infopass feb.24th, IO said it could take years to schedule interview date which I know is not true because there have been people who filed months after me and have gotten their date. I have a lawyer but doing this all on my own because I can never get my lawyer on the phone, I have spoken to my lawyer once since November 2013 through email. Telling me that they were going to do an e-request, that was since January, to this day I have not heard from them. I know they are not telling me the truth because I placed an e-request 3wks. later and got a response. I am now in the process of reaching out to senator, I want to replace my lawyer but I have already paid them in full, do you think its wise to change lawyers at this point? My lawyer has no

idea that my conditional green card has expired and that I have had 2 infopasses, they have shown that their only interest was in cashing my check and not in my case. My husband and I have been together 14yrs. despite our age difference, I can assure everyone that my marriage is real. Please help

What you urgently need to do is to immediately seek the second opinion from a highly experienced dImmigration lawyer in your area. Posting such a case specific, long fact pattern in a general forum such as this will not help solve your problem any.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Exactly.

Without knowing the exact scope and essence of legal work performed by any counsel of record, it is impossible to take sides with anyone or agree with you that your counsel is not telling you the truth. You may, at your volition to change attorneys and retain any counsel of your choice, based on your research and selection. Yet, even at that junction, with a new counsel you could state the same thing that the new counsel is not telling you the truth.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois

Yours is not an immigration law question. You are in a wrong forum. You need to talk to your lawyer. Be straightforward, ask them to refund unused part of the retainer paid and ask for the final bill.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

If you filed a joint petition with your spouse (both of you signed) it is possible that there will not be an interview. Normally, they only do an interview when a joint petition is lacking sufficient evidence to approve it. Most joint petitioners just receive the 10 year card in the mail and do not always have an interview.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice.

i was informed September 2013 that i will require an interview, obviously uscis was not satisfied with my evidence, i know i made mistakes, i did the application myself(my first mistake) and got my lawyer involved only after being informed in September of the interview. thank you for your response.