I751 interview without spouse???

Seattle, WA |

I have an interview for I751 next month at Tukwila USCIS office. My spouse wont be there with me because he is out of the country right now. And then, we still together but live in different cities due to my work. will it be a problem? what question will they ask? we didnt hire an attorney, we filed all of the paperwork on our own

1. Ideally you should have sought a postponement. Either way, it is unlikely that the IO will approve the petition without a joint interview.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

2. You need to be prepared with a great deal of evidence, especially since you don't live together. It is not impossible to get approved but not easy--even if he were attending. You need to prove the impossiblity if his attending. They may reschedule. An experienced immigration lawyer is a good idea in this situation. It will be less expensive than having to salvage it if it is denied

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. The mere fact that you are being called to an interview shows there is a problem with your application, despite having filed it jointly.

The smartest thing to do now is to seek a postponement with the local district office and use the extra time wisely to secure the services of a competent immigration attorney to prepare you for the questions you'll be facing at the interview, as well as to accompany you there and most importantly to push the case to a happy ending after the interview. You alone will never succeed and will most likely end posting questions on Avvo for years to come.. USCIS simply does not pay any attention to unrepresented applicants, especially so in unconventional cases like yours.. If you are smart you'll understand. If on the other hand you only think you are smart, then I will continue to see your questions on Avvo for a very long time..

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.