I751 interview

Asked 11 months ago - Flushing, NY

I have been waiting 7mths for an interview date, is this normal? From what I understand, the interview doesn't take very long and my wife and I have no problem attending one as we have been together for 10+ yrs. Why is it taking so long to schedule a date?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Relax. I-751s currently take about a year to process as is.. Also, a complete and well prepared I-751 containing all the necessary documentary proofs of your lives together as a married couple as a rule never gets called for an interview. You should receive your new permanent green card in the mail, without appearing at an interview, in the mail within a few more months.

2. David Alexander Concha

Pro

1

Answered . If you documented the case well it is very unlikely that you get called for interview. Most likely you will receive your 10 year card in the mail. If you are still concerned you could do an infopass appointment, but it seems to be within the normal processing time.

3. Richard Todd Rosenstein

Answered . You should contact a local immigration lawyer to discuss. You can run a "find a lawyer" search here on Avvo to locate lawyers in your jurisdiction.