I751 interview

Flushing, NY |

I have been waiting 7mths for an interview date, is this normal? From what I understand, the interview doesn't take very long and my wife and I have no problem attending one as we have been together for 10+ yrs. Why is it taking so long to schedule a date?

1. You should contact a local immigration lawyer to discuss. You can run a "find a lawyer" search here on Avvo to locate lawyers in your jurisdiction.

2. Relax. I-751s currently take about a year to process as is.. Also, a complete and well prepared I-751 containing all the necessary documentary proofs of your lives together as a married couple as a rule never gets called for an interview. You should receive your new permanent green card in the mail, without appearing at an interview, in the mail within a few more months.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. If you documented the case well it is very unlikely that you get called for interview. Most likely you will receive your 10 year card in the mail. If you are still concerned you could do an infopass appointment, but it seems to be within the normal processing time.