I730 pending for more than 10 month

Flushing, NY |

I filed an i730 for my wife based on my asylum grant. I filed on November 2011 and i received the notice of receipt from USCIS and its been 10 months which is more than normal procession time. I called USCIS several time and they didn't provide my information rather than today saying that they have sent my case for additional review and ask me to contact them after 6 months from today if i don't receive a decision. I am in a dilemma now, from 5 moths to 7 to 10 and now another 6 months.

Also, my wife has a social security number, can she work with her social while the i730 is pending?

Thanks

1. Not legally.

2. Unfortunately, if CIS said they are doing another review, it may take time. Sometimes it does help to have an attorney follow up on the status and assess whether any demands can be made. As far as your wife working, one needs a social security number AND authorization to work. Our firm can provide assistance and we offer low cost consultations.