I485 Preference Classification

Newark, DE |

Hello! I have received the receipt of my I485 which has mentioned Preference Classification as "Family Based 2B". Initially my mom had filed I-130 when they were on Green Card so it was F2B category but about a year ago she got citizenship so I mailed them to change my case from F2B to F1 (Family Based 1) and I also have confirmation email from NVC. So should I worry about them mentioning Preference Classification as "Family Based 2B" or I need to call or send any other paperwork?

P.S: I have already attached a copy of I-130 and that acceptance letter with my I485 file.

Thanks.

If they haven't confirmed the classification change to F-1, try emailing them about it for further confirmation.

Representing Clients in All 50 States -- Khurgel Immigration Law Firm -- Attorney Khurgel is a Former USCIS and Department of State Embassy Officer. Address: 4199 Campus Drive, Suite 550 Irvine, CA 92612. Email: info@khurgel.com Office: (949) 509-6515 Direct: (949) 535-6331 Fax: (949) 509-6599. Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

You can try, try, try again.

And .. you can consider hiring an attorney and getting a professional on your side.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

I agree with my colleagues. If you have not received confirmation your preference category has been updated, I would encourage you to contact the NVC by email to receive confirmation.

Wendy R. Barlow, Esq, The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., 111 Broadway, Suite 1306, New York NY 10006, (866) 456-­8654, wendy@myatorneyusa.com, www.myattorneyusa.com. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics