I485 interview in Virginia.

Asked over 1 year ago - Fairfax, VA

My case began as a Vawa case in 2011 and was approved 2013.
Now I will apply for residence, how long will it take to get the interview and what should I expect in the interview. If I am going to take my daughter with me, will they asked questions to her about the violence.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . It is difficult to predict how long it will take for the interview.

Depending on your daughter's age and what you put on the VAWA application, they may, or may not ask her questions.

I suggest bringing an attorney with you.

2. Larisa Tenberg

3

Answered . The interviews are scheduled fairly quickly 3-5 months. I've had some officers ask general questions about the abuse. But mostly they focus on the eligibility for the green card. I'd recommend consulting an attorney.

3. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

2

Answered . The interview will be scheduled approximately 5 months after the application is filed. The interview generally focuses on your eligibility for lawful permanent residence. You are typically asked the questions on the application for adjustment of status. You may also be asked questions related to any criminal arrests, unlawful presence, illegal entry, etc. You are not typically asked any questions regarding the abuse at the interview as that matter has been decided.

That being said, I cannot tell you exactly what you may be asked or potential issues that may come up as there is insufficient information available. If you are concerned about how the interview will go, you may want to consult an experienced immigration attorney in more detail about the matter.