I485 i765 i360 sent together

Asked over 1 year ago - West Palm Beach, FL

My lawyer sent i360i484i 765 st the same time by the end of december i did not get any prims facie. But i got the receipt. My lawyer said that i will receive my work permit in a couple of months even without any prima facie issued by the immigration in vermont.i am just seeking a second opinion. Without prima facie can o get work authorization and i will be able to get state id

1. Haroen Calehr

Pro

7

Answered . My experience has been that the issuance of the I-765 EAD and I-485 is contingent on the I-360 prima facie approval/determinaton but perhaps other colleagues have other experiences and can weigh in on this issue/your question.

2. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

6

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Calehr. You must have a prima facie determination before you should get an employment authorization card. At times, USCIS makes mistakes. This may confuse a few colleagues.

This can take a while. In addition, it is unclear whether the delay is based upon the 'sunset' of the VAWA Law, which must be re-passed in Congress, since it expired. It seems like Congress is about to re-authorize VAWA. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  3. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

3

Answered . hopefully you retained an experienced immigration attorney who is the best person to answer your question.

One or more answers have been taken down.