I485 fee.

San Antonio, TX |

I just called USCIS and ask about the fee for a I485 form for me and my family and got 2 different responses... The first guy told me that all I need to do is file one form and fill the page 2 with the dependents names. Pay one fee- 1070
The second guy told me that I need to file four I485, one for each member of the family.
the cost:
principal $1070
wife $1070
Kid 1 $635
Kid 2 $635
Is that correct?
Thank you

Yes, it is correct. One for for each member. Separate fee for each form. Sorry. I know, Bad news.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

More details are needed. You can seek help from an attorney. Or you can read the I-485 instructions and find the answer yourself. Go to USCIS.gov and click on the forms tab. Then go to the I-485 and find the instructions for that form. I wouldn't trust the USCIS hotline operators for advice.

Yes

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

One I-485 per person, one fee per form.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with attorney Segal.

MEDINA LAW GROUP PC: EXPERIENCED TEXAS IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS. email: cindy@medinalg.com; Phone: (210) 821-4500; Fax: 210-821-4500; 1802 NE Loop 410, Ste 104, San Antonio, Tx 78217. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Furthermore, the content of this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. I apologize in advance for any spelling or typographical errors. MEDINA LAW GROUP PC.

Although it is correct that there is one fee per person if you are filing an I-485 for each person, I can't tell you that for sure in good conscious without having a few more details. I advise you to speak to an immigration attorney about this issue. I know most people don't want to hear that they need to speak to an attorney, but in this situation I think you should. It is really important that AOS applications be filed correctly because incorrectly filed applications can lead to RFEs and other procedural headaches that can be more expensive to have an attorney fixed than simply getting advice now. It's also important to note that besides those things, incorrectly filed applications can lead to denials which an lead to being placed in removal proceedings which are serious and expensive.

Please remember this is not official legal advice, and this is no way establishes an attorney-client relationship. For a free 15 minute phone consultation please call 972-638-7207.