I485 fee.

Asked about 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

I just called USCIS and ask about the fee for a I485 form for me and my family and got 2 different responses... The first guy told me that all I need to do is file one form and fill the page 2 with the dependents names. Pay one fee- 1070
The second guy told me that I need to file four I485, one for each member of the family.
the cost:
principal $1070
wife $1070
Kid 1 $635
Kid 2 $635
Is that correct?
Thank you

1. Alejandro E. Garcia

Pro

6

Answered . More details are needed. You can seek help from an attorney. Or you can read the I-485 instructions and find the answer yourself. Go to USCIS.gov and click on the forms tab. Then go to the I-485 and find the instructions for that form. I wouldn't trust the USCIS hotline operators for advice.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . Yes, it is correct. One for for each member. Separate fee for each form. Sorry. I know, Bad news.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

Answered . Yes

4. Cindy Medina

2

Answered . I agree with attorney Segal.

5. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . One I-485 per person, one fee per form.

6. Elizabeth Diane Alvarez

Answered . Although it is correct that there is one fee per person if you are filing an I-485 for each person, I can't tell you that for sure in good conscious without having a few more details. I advise you to speak to an immigration attorney about this issue. I know most people don't want to hear that they need to speak to an attorney, but in this situation I think you should. It is really important that AOS applications be filed correctly because incorrectly filed applications can lead to RFEs and other procedural headaches that can be more expensive to have an attorney fixed than simply getting advice now. It's also important to note that besides those things, incorrectly filed applications can lead to denials which an lead to being placed in removal proceedings which are serious and expensive.