I485 case under administrative processing

Farmington, MI |

I filed AOS petition based on my husband's GC. I am under EB2 and current now. On Sept 5, my case was assigned to officer. By recent inquiry through Congressman's office, we came to know that my case is under administrative processing and security checks. What does this mean? How long will it take to complete administrative processing and security checks? Is there a chance that I can get GC in Nov.?

Thanks

Administrative processing delays can last anywhere from a few days to several years. At this point, it is a good idea to retain an attorney to review your file to see if a possible cause for the extended security checks can be delayed. The attorney can pursue inquiries through multiple levels of supervisory review and, if necessary, file a mandamus complaint in the U.S. District Court.

The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known and detailed research has not been undertaken. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers require an investigation into all facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. Use these answers at your own risk.

I agree. It depends on why your case is in administrative processing. Your Congresseman's office can follow up every 30 days or so and check on your case.

As my colleagues stated administrative processing can sometimes take years to complete.

Although anything is possible, it is probably unlikely that you will get your GC by November.

Have your Congressman continue to follow up on the case and as my colleague said you can always try Federal action.

Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC, www.usavisanow.com, 888-645-6272, info@usavisanow.com , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with the answers provided so far. Administrative processing delays may be due to several factors, such as, country of origin, nationality, etc. You should be prepared to wait it out.