I485 case under administrative processing

Asked about 1 year ago - Farmington, MI

I filed AOS petition based on my husband's GC. I am under EB2 and current now. On Sept 5, my case was assigned to officer. By recent inquiry through Congressman's office, we came to know that my case is under administrative processing and security checks. What does this mean? How long will it take to complete administrative processing and security checks? Is there a chance that I can get GC in Nov.?

Thanks

1. Russell Reid Abrutyn

Pro

1

Answered . Administrative processing delays can last anywhere from a few days to several years. At this point, it is a good idea to retain an attorney to review your file to see if a possible cause for the extended security checks can be delayed. The attorney can pursue inquiries through multiple levels of supervisory review and, if necessary, file a mandamus complaint in the U.S. District Court.

2. Rickie Emmanuel Ibe

1

Answered . I agree with the answers provided so far. Administrative processing delays may be due to several factors, such as, country of origin, nationality, etc. You should be prepared to wait it out.

3. Lynne Rogers Feldman

1

Answered . I agree. It depends on why your case is in administrative processing. Your Congresseman's office can follow up every 30 days or so and check on your case.

4. Marc Damien Sean Taylor

1

Answered . As my colleagues stated administrative processing can sometimes take years to complete.

Although anything is possible, it is probably unlikely that you will get your GC by November.

Have your Congressman continue to follow up on the case and as my colleague said you can always try Federal action.