I140 transferred multiple times

Milpitas, CA |

Hi,

My 140 was filed at TSC and after 1 month it was transferred to California Service Center.
It was at the California Service Center for 9 months before my attorney raised 2 SR's and yesterday the status changed to:-

"The I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you"

I am not sure where this is transferred now, is it gone back to TSC or somewhere else. Just wondering what could be reason for multiple transfers?

Thanks
Ranu

1. Cases are transferred between offices to balance out the work load. Though unusual to be bounced around so often, perhaps they sent to wrong office initially. There is a lot of immigration activity so files get moved around in periods of change. You are lucky they are notifying you. Often USCIS moves files around and does not tell the attorney.

2. USCIS can run their internal operations the way they find fit. Absent arbitrary and capricious finding by a federal judge, there is no way for any of us to control this process.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. All filings are done at one processing office and then it may be moved to a more local office for interview/ investigation/ adjudication. Further movement may be to balance case load at USCIS, company's physical address may have changed, or to correct a previous error. It is be difficult to say. It is unusual for I-140 to be pending for over 9 months without an RFE. Your attorney is doing his part to follow up and update the company.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.