I140 status shows "withdrawal" online

Asked over 1 year ago - San Carlos, CA


My company X applied for i140 in Jan 2013, on Mar 29 the online status shows as with

On XXXXXX , we mailed a notice acknowledging withdrawal of this application or petition I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of XXXXX, contact our customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If at some point in the future you wish to pursue the benefits provided by this application or petition, you must file a new application along with all applicable fees and evidence.

I checked with my company and they said they haven't withdrawn the application
My company attorney says that "theycalled up uscis and they confirmed that application is
not withdrawn"

How i can i make sure that the application is not withdrawn

Waiting for the response


Attorney answers (4)

  1. Stephen D. Berman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Call and ask to speak with a customer service representative. Alternatively, file a Freedom of Information Act Request.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You cannot make sure. It seems that your employer is not telling you the truth. Alternative, USCIS system contains an error but it is not very likely with the withdrawal request.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  3. Roberto Javier Rivera

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . USCIS Check my case status is not a full proof. I have seen numerous errors in their system that has alarmed clients. If your employer has confirmed that they did not request a withdrawal of the I-140 and USCIS customer service has verified this then I would not worry too much about what the online system says. it is also important to note the USCIS will probably not talk to you if you call or set up an info pass because the I-140 petition belongs to the employer not the beneficiary and they will kindly ask for an authorized representative of the company or attorney for the company.

  4. Jorge Luis Delgado

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Your petitioner has to file a FOIA request and/or call USCIS while you are present (if they want to do you the favor).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,534 answers this week

3,163 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,534 answers this week

3,163 attorneys answering