I140 pending at CSC for 9 months

Santa Clara, CA |

My I140 is pending at the CSC for 9 months now. My Employer raised an SR and there was no response in 30 days. Later my company rep called the USCIS for the latest status and they mentioned that they need another 60 days to research to come to a decision.

Any idea as to why the USCIS is taking so much to come to a decision. What should be the next step if there is no decision in 60 days.

Looks like a re-post, please see my earlier answer.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through Only the employer's attorney, after a review of the entire case, might be able to speculate as to what is going on.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Employment