I130 Petition, Green Card, Marijuana Conviction, Waiver

Asked about 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

Could it be for the purposes of applying for a green card through a I-130 petition, a conviction for possession of marijuana of under 30g would not sink the application, because a waiver exists for that?

1. Arturo Angel Burga

Pro

6

Answered . Yes; but there are many different issues that you need to be ready to tackle, such as the Penal Code used to convict you, sentence, date of the conviction, etc. Anyone that wants to do a waiver or feels they need one should always have an attorney handle it.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . Yes, it is possible. But, the waiver's not all that easy to get ... use a lawyer.

3. Alexus Paul Sham

6

Answered . The waiver process is very complicated. It is best to consult an attorney.

4. Abed Al-Hamid Ayoub

5

Answered . The waiver process is not simple -- there are many factors that come into play. Contact an attorney.

5. Otis Carl Landerholm

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, you should hire a lawyer. Feel free to call my office in San Francisco if you're still looking. Good luck.
    Otis C. Landerholm, Esq.
    www.LanderholmLawOffice.com