I130 approved & i485 denied.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

Received a letter from USCIS that my i485 has been administratively closed stating that they have no jurisdiction over the case due to the case being in removal proceedings. The removal case has been filed in court by ice & the master hearing date is after 3 months. what does this mean?

1. Isaul Verdin

3

Answered . You can try to terminate your case in court so that you can go back to USCIS and complete your adjustment. If your case is not terminated, then you cannot adjust before USCIS.

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Dallas, TX

2. Simone Bertollini

Pro

4

Answered . Your I-485 will have to be adjudicated by the Immigration Judge assigned to your case.

3. Robert Henry Beer

4

Answered . First, you may have just lost money before not consulting an attorney BEFORE you filed your documents. Hopefully, you have NOW learned your lesson that retaining an attorney is GREAT investment of your TIME and MONEY. You hopefully can resolve this situation with the help of an attorney. Hope this helps. Wishing you

4. Robert West

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

5. Nicklaus James Misiti

3

Answered . It means you need an attorney to either represent you in court or try to close the court case so USCIS again has jursidiction. It also needs to be determined whether you actually qualify for adjustment or for some other form of relief. My firm handles deportation/removal defense throughout the US.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407