Skip to main content

I130 approved & i485 denied.

Dallas, TX |

Received a letter from USCIS that my i485 has been administratively closed stating that they have no jurisdiction over the case due to the case being in removal proceedings. The removal case has been filed in court by ice & the master hearing date is after 3 months. what does this mean?

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Your I-485 will have to be adjudicated by the Immigration Judge assigned to your case.

  2. First, you may have just lost money before not consulting an attorney BEFORE you filed your documents. Hopefully, you have NOW learned your lesson that retaining an attorney is GREAT investment of your TIME and MONEY. You hopefully can resolve this situation with the help of an attorney. Hope this helps. Wishing you

    This communication does not create an attorney client relationship. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me at any time at either (770)955-1785 or (678)576-9394 or via e-mail at THINK IMMIGRATION - THINK BOB BEER

  3. I agree with my colleagues.

  4. It means you need an attorney to either represent you in court or try to close the court case so USCIS again has jursidiction. It also needs to be determined whether you actually qualify for adjustment or for some other form of relief. My firm handles deportation/removal defense throughout the US.
    Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  5. You can try to terminate your case in court so that you can go back to USCIS and complete your adjustment. If your case is not terminated, then you cannot adjust before USCIS.

    Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Dallas, TX

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics