I yesterday took I-485 interview base on marriage. but at the end, My I-94 was taken away and no stamp my passport. What does it

Asked over 5 years ago - Falls Church, VA

I yesterday took I-485 interview base on marriage. but at the end, My I-94 was taken away and no stamp my passport. I was informed that a decision will mailed to me after review.
What does it mean? I am supposed to waiting for the 2nd interview? or it is probably coming a deny?
Thank you.

1. Amy L Becerra

Answered . Without more information about your case or how the interview went, it's hard to say, but I wouldn't assume the worst. While it's best to receive an indication of approval at the interview with a quick follow-up I-551 stamp in your passport, I have had several clients who, for whatever reason (sometimes the interviewing officer just checking with their supervisor or having a second look at the supporting documents), were informed of their approval in the mail. Of course, there is also the chance your case may be denied. If so, depending on your circumstances, USCIS will let you know if there is an appeal process available to you be it through USCIS or before an immigration judge in removal proceedings. If you have retained the services of an immgration attorney, discuss things with him/her; otherwise, you will receive the decision in the mail soon and if it is not what you were hoping for, be sure to take it to an experienced immigration attorney right away so that they might best be able to help you prepare an appropriate and timely response. Best of luck! Amy L. Becerra, Esq.; amy@alblawoffice.com; www.alblawoffice.com