I wrote a lease on the computer for my tenants. It was not notarized during signing. Is it legal or can I move them out?

Asked about 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

The lease is for 6 months, resigned at their 1 year renwal time period.

1. Edward J. Fucillo

3

Answered . The lease does not have to be notarized to be enforceable. Also, be aware that if you allow six month leases, you must collect sales tax on any lease that is for six months or less. In this case, however, since it appears your original lease was for more than six months, the renewal which extended the tenancy for another six months does not require you to collect sales tax.

2. Cheryl Rivera Smith

Answered . Leases don't need to be notarized. If they are in default, you will need to follow eviction procedures. If they are not in default, you will need to honor the lease. If you want them to move, perhaps offer cash for keys if they know you will not renew their lease.