I wrecked my motorcycle while drunk. the police took my license and I went to the hospital. How do I know if I got any tickets

Houston, TX |

this happend 2 weeks ago.

You need to request a copy of the police report. Citations should be noted. If they did not test you at the time of the accident they may be waiting on toxicology results from the hospital. If it was a single vehicle accident it is probably less likely than if you hit another vehicle. If you were ticketed, you will find out. If so, you will need to speak with an attorney.

If they took your DL then they will likely be charging you with DWI. This is standard procedure. If you were having a lengthy stay in the hospital then you will probably have a warrant for your arrest.

Get a lawyer ASAP and they will help guide you through this process and be able to contact the district attorneys office. Also, a bondsman will be able check on the warrants for you.

This is a serious charge with lots of consequences that most people don't know about. The previous attorney is correct, that they will get your medical records through a grand jury subpoena. The earlier you get an attorney the better!

I agree with the other attorneys who have answered this question. My suggestion would be to do what we do and call your bonding company and have them check up on you ever so often.. they will be more than happy to let you know when a warrant has been issued, because they want to make money on the bond. I hope this helps you.

My answer is based upon the limited amount of information available at the time of writing.I am a Texas DWI Lawyer. If possible, hire an attorney who is a member of the National College of DUI Defense, who is familiar with your jurisdiction. Jim Butler-, 713-236-8744