I would like to transfer my asylum case from Los angeles to Seattle. I am now in Immigration Court Proceedings.

Asked over 1 year ago - Seattle, WA

what should I do in order to transfer my case? What I supposed to be done?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

1

Answered . If you have moved from Los Angeles to Seattle, you need to submit a Motion to Change Venue to the Immigration Judge in Los Angeles.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You could do a motion to change venue, to ask the court to move your case to Seattle. You would need to follow some detailed rules in order to do this correctly. I suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney to have this done properly.

3. Barbara A Marcouiller

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, there are specific requirements that the motion to change venue must comply with. I recommend the assistance of an attorney on this one, at least for a detailed consultation.