I would like to sponsor my friend in pakistan to visit me in the USA. What do I need to do to help him.?

Asked over 4 years ago - Vidalia, GA

what does he need to do on his end in pakistan?
what do I need to do on my end here in the us? this is for a visit only

1. David Nabow Soloway

Answered . In addition to the very useful information in the previous response, note that some of the evidence that frequently is useful to supply to the consulate in support of a B-1 nonimmigrant visa includes: evidence of a temporary leave from a job in the home country; evidence of home ownership or a residential lease in the home country; banking/credit card relationships in the home country; immediate relatives will remain behind in the home country; etc.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
    Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
    1800 Century Place, Suite 100
    Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
    404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

2. Patrice Dayale Dziire

Pro

Answered . He will need to fill out a form called the DS-160 and go to an interview at the consulate or embassy. The DS-160 can be filled out and submitted online here: http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_vi.... The official interviewing your friend will be looking for the following requirements:

-The purpose of his trip is to enter the U.S. for business, pleasure, or medical treatment;
    -That he plans to remain for a specific, limited period;
    -Evidence of funds to cover expenses in the United States;
    -Evidence of compelling social and economic ties to Pakistan; and
    -That he has a residence in Pakistan as well as other binding ties that will insure his return abroad at the end of the visit.

You can send your friend a letter of invitation to support the above.

Best wishes,
    Patrice Dziire
    Law Offices of Patrice D. Dziire
    pdziire@gmail.com
    http://usimmigrationlaw.justia.net