I would like to speak to someone to see if i got a case on wrongful termination. i would like to get my job back or sue

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

or see if anything can be done. i have only a short time left to do this so really need to do this asap

1. Michael Robert Kirschbaum

2

Answered . To find an attorney to speak to on employment law issues, use the "Find a Lawyer" function on Avvo, and type in the legal topic and area you live in. Then, contact as many attorneys in your area,, as you can to get legal opinions. Many attorneys offer a free consultation. You can check each attorney's page to see if they do.

2. David Andrew Mallen

1

Answered . Marilyn Mika Spencer is highly experienced in wrongful termination and is one of the top contributors on this forum. She is in the San Diego Area.

Best regards,

David A. Mallen

3. Michelle A. Perfili

2

Answered . It is unclear if you have already contacted the DFEH (the state agency) or the EEOC (the federal agency) each having initial jurisdiction if the wrongful termination involves issues of discrimination based on a protected category (age, race, gender, etc.). I am assuming by saying a "short time" you are referring to a statute of limitations issue. Realize that what many call a wrongful termination case involve tort and statutory claims as well as possible contract claims with differing time frames. There are many employment attorneys that will offer a free and confidential initial consultation and you can quickly get down to the issue of the deadline for filing and if there are DFEH/EEOC claims there is now a streamlined process to obtain a "RIght to Sue" which is a prerequisite to filing your suit. Get those fingers dialing and let the attorney's office know that you are dealing with a short time frame. Best if luck.