I would like to sell my forex signal. The signal will be delivered by a tradecopy software. Do i need regulation?

Asked about 1 year ago - Boston, MA

Do i need financial license to sell my Forex Signal via tradecopy software online? The signal is free i charge to cost of the tradecopy server and the software.

1. Maurice N Ross

Pro

2

Answered . You will need to retain the services of intellectual property counsel to ascertain whether you can use or sell your forex signal without violating copyrights, patents or other third party IP rights. You may need one or more licenses, but none of us answer this based on the bare bones information contained in your question.

2. Deborah Gwen Roher

Pro

Answered . I am making a guess that this has something to do with intellectual property and have re-classified the question accordingly.

3. Daniel Nathan Ballard

Answered . I don't know whether a license is required to sell Forex Signals. You should spend, however, sometime reviewing the information about Forex scams at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission website and then speak with a financial services attorney.

4. Robert V Cornish Jr.

Answered . This is a very complex question that will require information that should be shared face-to-face with a commodities regulation attorney. The question you have really comes down to whether your sale of the signal program to others constitutes investment advice (as per SEC) or triggers registration requirements under the NFA/CFTC regulations. What the program does and how it may be used will determine in great part what needs to be done. And echoing the others who have already answered, you will need some intellectual property guidance as well.