I would like to relocate from sw broward county in florida to Orlando Fl with my 18 month old daughter

What steps do I need to take if her dad is gonna oppose the move. He is verbally abusive n I cnt do it anymore.

Hollywood, FL -

Attorney Answers (2)

Gregory Thomas Buckley

Gregory Thomas Buckley

Child Custody Lawyer - Gainesville, FL

You will need to comply with the provisions of Florida's Parental Relocation Statute, Chapter 61.13001.

Sponsored Listing
Michael Costantino

Michael Costantino

Family Law Attorney - Pompano Beach, FL

If you are not married to the father, and he has not taken you to court to establish a time-sharing then you may move. However, he can stop you from moving, and force you to comply with Fla. Stat. 61.13001, by simply filing a petition to establish paternity and asking the court to establish time sharing. I've attached a link to the statute, take a look at paragraph 1(e).

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.