I would like to refer this question to a civil litigation attorney I was illegally sentenced can i sue the City,State,Judge, Fed

Asked over 1 year ago - 11414

I had been sentenced to a petty larceny charge and given three years probation and agreed to pay restitution. three weeks into the original plea I requested from my defense attorney to restore my case back to the calender to request to modify the payments schedule,due to my social security disability benifites were being stopped due to an over payment. without any violation of probation. and my payments were not even due yet we presented the legal document to the judge without any given reason the judge said remand and my attorney was besides herself I spent one year in Rikers Island while incarcerated i had appealed my illegal sentence to the appeals court i received a favorable decision over one year after my release,I lost my apartment, my family resulted to a shelter,from this unjust

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

1

Answered . No. NY judges get absolute immunity.

2. Constantine D. Buzunis

3

Answered . Well generally Judges have a qualified immunity unless you can show intentional misconduct or fraud. Maybe there is some case against your lawyer or the D.A.? You should consult a civil lawyer that specializes in government tort cases. Don't delay as I am sure your State has claim requirements that require you to file a claim within a certain deadline or your case is barred! Good Luck

3. Alan Jay Dion

1

Answered . You should consult a lawyer that specializes in civil rights litigation. There may be immunity but for really egregious violations of civil liberties there may be some way to compensate you. I'm not saying you will get anywhere but it is worth a consultation with a civil right lawyer.