I WOULD LIKE TO OBTAIN COPIES OF STATEMENTS MADE AGAINST MY WIFE IN A CRIMINAL COMPLAINT

Asked almost 2 years ago - Long Grove, IL

I WOULD LIKE TO OBTAIN COPIES OF STATEMENTS MADE AGAINST MY WIFE IN A CRIMINAL COMPLAINT. FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ONLY ALLOWED ME TO RECEIVE BLACKED

OUT COPIES OF THE COMPLAINT. I WOULD LIKE THE COMPLETE RECORD OF NAMES AND STATEMENTS MADE BY THE ACCUSERS. THE STATES ATTORNEY DECIDED THAT THEY

WOULD NOT PURSUE THIS COMPLAINT (CORRECTLY, AS THEY SAW IT FOR THE SHAM IT WAS) AND NO CHARGES WERE FILED.
I, HOWEVER, HAVE HEARD THAT THE ACCUSERS HAVE THINGS STILL TO SAY AND WOULD LIKE TO INVESTIGATE A SLANDER SUIT AGAINST THEM. I AM CONCERNED THEY WILL

CAUSE FURTHER DAMAGE TO MY FAMILIES REPUTATION. WITH THE LIMITED RESOURCES I HAVE I WOULD LIKE ALL THE BACKGROUND I CAN GET BEFORE EXPENSING A

PROPER ATTORNEYS FEES.

ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
THANK YOU

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

10

Answered . You have gotten what you are entitled to get via FOIA. The police do not need to release investigative documents further than they have done.

Just because the SA has not prosecuted so far does not mean the SA may not do so pending further investigation. It is precisely because the police do not want the manner or method of their investigation to be public that FOIA is executed with this balance of interests in mind.

2. Christopher Matthew Kennedy

5

1

Answered . Your rights under FOIA are limited in this instance. If you have other documentation or proof of knowingly/recklessly false statements, you may be able to make a civil case for slander/libel, depending on what the other person said/wrote. Of course, such cases are not often brought--for one thing, a lawsuit will only re-publicize the negative statements, even if it does say they are false. But, sometimes there are good reasons to pursue a defamation case--it all depends on the facts.
    I see you are in Lake County--feel free to contact me offline regarding local legal issues.
    Chris Kennedy
    Lake Forest
    (847) 295-0300
    www.ChrisKennedyLaw.com

3. Michael Ryan Juarez

7

Answered . Mr. Alan James Brinkmeier is right. I second his informative answer.

Pro

7

Answered . FOIA or you can retain a lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

5

Answered . FOIA or hire a private attorney.

Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL
    773-944-9737
    Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
    Website: www.hofflawyer.com
    Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/