I WOULD LIKE TO OBTAIN COPIES OF STATEMENTS MADE AGAINST MY WIFE IN A CRIMINAL COMPLAINT

Long Grove, IL |

I WOULD LIKE TO OBTAIN COPIES OF STATEMENTS MADE AGAINST MY WIFE IN A CRIMINAL COMPLAINT. FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ONLY ALLOWED ME TO RECEIVE BLACKED

OUT COPIES OF THE COMPLAINT. I WOULD LIKE THE COMPLETE RECORD OF NAMES AND STATEMENTS MADE BY THE ACCUSERS. THE STATES ATTORNEY DECIDED THAT THEY

WOULD NOT PURSUE THIS COMPLAINT (CORRECTLY, AS THEY SAW IT FOR THE SHAM IT WAS) AND NO CHARGES WERE FILED.
I, HOWEVER, HAVE HEARD THAT THE ACCUSERS HAVE THINGS STILL TO SAY AND WOULD LIKE TO INVESTIGATE A SLANDER SUIT AGAINST THEM. I AM CONCERNED THEY WILL

CAUSE FURTHER DAMAGE TO MY FAMILIES REPUTATION. WITH THE LIMITED RESOURCES I HAVE I WOULD LIKE ALL THE BACKGROUND I CAN GET BEFORE EXPENSING A

PROPER ATTORNEYS FEES.

ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
THANK YOU

You have gotten what you are entitled to get via FOIA. The police do not need to release investigative documents further than they have done.

Just because the SA has not prosecuted so far does not mean the SA may not do so pending further investigation. It is precisely because the police do not want the manner or method of their investigation to be public that FOIA is executed with this balance of interests in mind.

Mr. Alan James Brinkmeier is right. I second his informative answer.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.org Mike@jslaw.org This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.

FOIA or hire a private attorney.

Stephen L. Hoffman
Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
Chicago, IL
773-944-9737
Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
Website: www.hofflawyer.com
Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship created or formed and you should not rely on this as legal advice. The suggestion is made that if you wish to protect your rights, you consult with an attorney immediately.

FOIA or you can retain a lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Your rights under FOIA are limited in this instance. If you have other documentation or proof of knowingly/recklessly false statements, you may be able to make a civil case for slander/libel, depending on what the other person said/wrote. Of course, such cases are not often brought--for one thing, a lawsuit will only re-publicize the negative statements, even if it does say they are false. But, sometimes there are good reasons to pursue a defamation case--it all depends on the facts.
I see you are in Lake County--feel free to contact me offline regarding local legal issues.
Chris Kennedy
Lake Forest
(847) 295-0300
www.ChrisKennedyLaw.com

Please note that any answers provided on Avvo.com by Christopher M. Kennedy are for informational purposes only and are not intended to constitute legal advice or establish an attorney-client relationship. Before agreeing to any client engagement, we must run a conflicts check and agree in writing to serve as your attorney. Please do not publish or email any information that discloses personal information or details about your case; if you wish to email us, please simply send your contact information and a general statement about the type of matter you would like us to review. Note that you will not be a client of our firm or Mr. Kennedy unless and until you sign a client representation agreement or you receive a written statement from us confirming that we represent you (an "engagement letter"). Thank you for your interest in the Law Office of Christopher M. Kennedy, P.C.