I would like to know what the minimum time of incarceration is on a 5 year prison sentence?

Rolla, MO |

My boyfriend was just sentenced to a term of 5 years in the MO department of corrections. The origianl charge was possesion of a contolled substance in 2000. As of 05 he has obsconded until he was caught June 12th of this year and sentenced to his backup. He no longer does drugs and has held a full-time job up until his arrest. He has served 60 days in county shock time and is still in a county facility and has been for 81 days. I would like to know once he gets to Fulton, how long will he be incarcerated for minimum? This is his first and only felony conviction, there are no priors.

1. Typically, a first time, non-violent drug offender does not do a significant portion of his sentence in Missouri. When he gets to MDC, he will be provided a presumed out date. Additionally, his case manager in prison should be able to answer all is questions.

DISCLAIMER: I am not your attorney. My response to your question does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is not created with John G. Gromowsky or The Gromowsky Law Firm, LLC unless and until a written legal services agreement is executed and an attorney fees or retainer is paid. My response is provided for educational/informational purposes only. It is not legal advice. I am licensed to practice in Missouri and Kansas. The law may be different where you live. If you need legal advice, you should visit in person with an attorney licensed to practice law where you live.