I would like to know what is the process to get married with my boyfriend who is american citizen and I am Venezuelan?

Asked over 1 year ago - Maricao, PR

He lives in Chicago, Illinois, I live in Maracaibo Venezuela, I do not have Visa to get in the US.
I would like to know that, If we get married here in my country, and we want to live in the US, what is the process we need to take?
Thanks in advance!

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

1

Answered . He can travel to your country and get married to you in post Chavez Venezuela ad then petition for you as his wife, which would be ideal or seek a fiancee visa for you and then marry in within 90 days of arrival to US at which point he will be able to seek an adjustment of status for you to that of the LRP.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . The quicker way is for your fiance to apply for K-1 so you can come to the U.S. to marry him. The slower process is to marry (where ever) then to start the residency process in the U.S. by applying for I-130.

3. Michael Haven

3

1

Answered . You can either apply for a fiancee visa, enter with the visa, and then get married in the United States and apply for your green card in the U.S, or get married in Venezuela and apply for an immigrant visa through the US Consulate in Venezuela. Either way it is advisable for you to hire an experienced immigration attorney.