I would like to know that if i was evicted from my apartment on june 26 2012 and requested a tranfer fron section 8 about 4 time

Brooklyn, NY |

and they denied me each time and they said due to lease violation then they still have not terminated my section 8 and it is now march 2013 and they just sent me a letter about my tranfer being deined and they also asked me to recertify which i did last month i just want to know is their a limmit on the time section 8 has to start terminating you because i should have rights also it has been to many months and i still have not got a transfer voucher

Why were you evicted from your apt? If it was for non-payment of your portion of the rent, you will not receive a transfer voucher until you pay the back rent. If you need assistance paying the back rent, you may be entitlted to a "one-time" payment from social services.

ok i understand that but it is payed and i recertified and i still have not got a tranfer yet also it has been since june and i went back down to the office and they still can not tell me nothing so i need to know what to do

and do they have a limmit on when they can terminate cause it has been almost a year and still they have not tryed to do anything

The reason for you eviction could have a lot to do with the problems you are having now. If you were evicted for not paying your portion of the rent that would explain why you are not getting your recertification now.

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all copies and attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. IRS Circular 230 Notice: Unless specifically stated otherwise, any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this communication shall not be deemed to be legal or tax advice, and no attorney-client relationship shall be deemed to have been created.

Landlord-tenant topics