I would like to know that if i was evicted from my apartment on june 26 2012 and requested a tranfer fron section 8 about 4 time

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

and they denied me each time and they said due to lease violation then they still have not terminated my section 8 and it is now march 2013 and they just sent me a letter about my tranfer being deined and they also asked me to recertify which i did last month i just want to know is their a limmit on the time section 8 has to start terminating you because i should have rights also it has been to many months and i still have not got a transfer voucher

1. Sandra A Joseph

1

Answered . Why were you evicted from your apt? If it was for non-payment of your portion of the rent, you will not receive a transfer voucher until you pay the back rent. If you need assistance paying the back rent, you may be entitlted to a "one-time" payment from social services.

2. Richard J. Chertock

Pro

1

Answered . The reason for you eviction could have a lot to do with the problems you are having now. If you were evicted for not paying your portion of the rent that would explain why you are not getting your recertification now.