I would like to know if it's legal to put in your lease that the tenant must pay any repairs under 100$ for whatever reason?

Asked 7 months ago - White Plains, NY

The property is in Florida, the landlord lives in New York. The tenant is arguing that she should only pay if it is something caused by her and that the landlord is supposed to pay for everything that contributes toward the normal functioning of the apartment even if it is under 100$, what is correct? what is legal? I'm doing it because I don't want to pay $50 to have someone make a house call to change a lightbulb,- and she has asked for that to happen.

1. Steven Warren Smollens

3

Answered . Dear White Plains Landlord:

You may have engaged a Florida licensed attorney to prepare the lease and provide that the landlord is not responsible for changing light bulbs, as long as the Florida Landlord and Tenant Act ( http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?A...) does not make your lease demands improper.

Read more about a Florida landlord and tenant relation at:

http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBConsum.nsf/0a9...

Hire an attorney in Florida.

2. Peter J Weinman

Pro

1

Answered . What happens in Florida stays in Florida. Ask this question of a Florida attorney or in the "Florida section" of this website. Good luck.