I would like to know if i qualify for the defferment act

Asked about 2 years ago - Melrose Park, IL

i have been in the us since 8 months old im 24 now i currently attend school to get my GED and i have 2 mistameanors for possession of 1gram of cannabis

1. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

Answered . Although possession of drugs is not listed as an offense disqualifying one for deferred action, it is Very important for you to consult with an attorney to explain to you how you should go about applying and helps you make an informed wise decision.

You can fill out our questionnaire on deferred action to see if you qualify:

www.swagatusa.com/deferred-action

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  2. Veronica Tunitsky

1

Answered . Talking to a lawyer is advisable especially since deferred action is a discretionary form of relief and you might not want to flag yourself in the process. Not saying you should or shouldn't apply; I'm saying talk to someone who can advise you properly.

3. Lisa A. Tehlirian

Pro

Answered . I would advise consulting with an experienced immigration attorney about your eligibility for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, especially since you have 2 misdemeanor offenses. More information is required about your case history to confirm your eligibility.

4. Nicklaus James Misiti

Answered . If you have any criminal convictions you should speak with and retain an immigration attorney before applying for DACA. My firm handles criminal immigration matters throughout the US.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

5. Sanjay Augustine Paul

Answered . You need an in-person consultation with an attorney who can review all the facts of your case. This is too serious to attempt to get an answer from an online forum.

Best of luck!

-Sanjay A. Paul, Esq.
    www.dreamlawca.com

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.
  6. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . 1. Obama's action is a policy and not a law. It is not an Act.

2. Obama's policy does not provide immigration status. It only prevents qualifying individuals from being deported and may provide them with a work permit.

3. There are serious risks in applying as it can be terminated as early as January 2013 if Mr. Romney is elected President.

http://www.engnishimura.com/faqs/deferred-actio...

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/deferred-a...

The immigration consequences of convictions depend on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, including the court disposition and the charging documents, in order to advise you, and handle the case.