I would like to know if i qualify for the defferment act

Melrose Park, IL |

i have been in the us since 8 months old im 24 now i currently attend school to get my GED and i have 2 mistameanors for possession of 1gram of cannabis

1. I would advise consulting with an experienced immigration attorney about your eligibility for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, especially since you have 2 misdemeanor offenses. More information is required about your case history to confirm your eligibility.

2. If you have any criminal convictions you should speak with and retain an immigration attorney before applying for DACA. My firm handles criminal immigration matters throughout the US.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. You need an in-person consultation with an attorney who can review all the facts of your case. This is too serious to attempt to get an answer from an online forum.

Best of luck!

-Sanjay A. Paul, Esq.
    www.dreamlawca.com

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.

4. 1. Obama's action is a policy and not a law. It is not an Act.

2. Obama's policy does not provide immigration status. It only prevents qualifying individuals from being deported and may provide them with a work permit.

3. There are serious risks in applying as it can be terminated as early as January 2013 if Mr. Romney is elected President.

http://www.engnishimura.com/faqs/deferred-action-young-immigrants

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/deferred-action-for-childhood-arrivals-obamas-dreamer-action?published=true

The immigration consequences of convictions depend on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, including the court disposition and the charging documents, in order to advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

5. Talking to a lawyer is advisable especially since deferred action is a discretionary form of relief and you might not want to flag yourself in the process. Not saying you should or shouldn't apply; I'm saying talk to someone who can advise you properly.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

6. Although possession of drugs is not listed as an offense disqualifying one for deferred action, it is Very important for you to consult with an attorney to explain to you how you should go about applying and helps you make an informed wise decision.

You can fill out our questionnaire on deferred action to see if you qualify:

www.swagatusa.com/deferred-action

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.