I would like to know if an immigrant who overstayed on his or her 6months stay can qualify for obama immigration amnesty.

Newark, NJ |

Can an overstayed immigrant qualify for the obama amnesty program if it is passed into laws

If there is a new law, that allows people who are in the U.S. illegally to become permanent residents, then yes.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. No amnesty has been passed.

This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. As of now the U.S. Congress has not passed any immigration reform. We can not advise you at this time on what class of persons would qualify until the legislation is passed.
    However, you may have other avenues open to you to remain in the United States. Please contact us directly for an in-depth consultation regarding your particular situation.

This information is not to be construed as legal advice nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship.

4. First there is currently no amensty. The issue will be whether if some form of legalization program is passed you will qualify for RPI status - which stands for Registered Provisional Immigrant . The issue is not how long you overstayed but will be based on a variety of factors. One threshhold factor will be when you last entered the US, so there will be a cut-off, currently it is set at Dec. 31, 2011. Be advised you should consult an attorney whenever if it is passed to determine your potential for eligibility. For more information, goto this website "A Guide to Understanding S. 744"
    Link below,

http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/special-reports/guide-s744-understanding-2013-senate-immigration-bill

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication.

5. Maybe.

Mr. Asatrian's practice is dedicated to the area of immigration and nationality law. Please note the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such by anyone. It should not be relied upon as legal advice as more specific facts, research and analysis may be required to formulate a proper strategy and action in your matter. Please note this does not create an attorney-client relationship whatsoever. You should seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to review your matter thoroughly and gather all of the necessary information and documentation to provide you with the best possible legal solution.

6. There is no such benefit as an Obama amnesty. If you overstayed, you are in violation of your status and are accumulating unlawful status. You are also removable (deportable).

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.

7. Immigration Reform has not passed yet. However, the last information I received stated it would apply to foreign nationals who are present as of 12/31/2011.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Immigration Topics