I would like to know how to remove a restraining order?

Asked over 1 year ago - Madison, WI

I put a order against my children's father years ago. Know I feel safe enough, and in the kids best interest to remove it.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can write to the court and ask that the injunction be lifted because it isn't needed any more. The judge may want you to appear in person to make sure that it is you making this request and that you know what you are doing.

    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for... more
  2. Jason Todd Studinski

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Look at the restraining order document itself. Sometimes the document indicates a timeframe during which the order expires automatically. If not, contact the Clerk of Courts and let them know you want to remove the restraining order. The Clerk cannot provide legal advice, but they can point you in the direction of forms to fill out and free information so that you can remove this order. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,968 answers this week

2,609 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,968 answers this week

2,609 attorneys answering