I would like to know how to remove a restraining order?

Asked over 1 year ago - Madison, WI

I put a order against my children's father years ago. Know I feel safe enough, and in the kids best interest to remove it.

1. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . You can write to the court and ask that the injunction be lifted because it isn't needed any more. The judge may want you to appear in person to make sure that it is you making this request and that you know what you are doing.

2. Jason Todd Studinski

1

Answered . Look at the restraining order document itself. Sometimes the document indicates a timeframe during which the order expires automatically. If not, contact the Clerk of Courts and let them know you want to remove the restraining order. The Clerk cannot provide legal advice, but they can point you in the direction of forms to fill out and free information so that you can remove this order. Good luck.