I would like to know how I go about setting up a Trust for my disabled daughter.

Asked about 2 years ago - Roanoke, VA

I would like to know how much I would have to pay to have a Trust established.

1. Charles Edward Mcwilliams Jr.

2

Answered . As noted, the cost will be somewhat dependent on the circumstances. Are you setting up a trust that will be funded with your assets after you die, or are you setting up a trust for your disabled daughter which will assist her during her lifetime (and your own)? There is a significant difference between these forms of trusts - both in how they are structured and how much they cost. If she is receiving governmental assistance, it is imperative the proper type of trust be employed, and you will need a qualified estate planning attorney to make those decisions. You can find attorneys in your area by searing AVVO. Good luck.

2. Roman Aminov

Pro

2

1

Answered . There is good book on the topic for consumers from Nolo
    http://www.nolo.com/products/special-needs-trus...

The best advice, however, would be simply to speak to an experienced attorney in your area. You can easily find one here and many offer free consultations. Best of luck.

Sincerely,

Roman Aminov, Esq.

Law Offices of Roman Aminov

147-17 Union Turnpike | Flushing, New York 11367
    P: 347.766.2685 | F: 347.474.7344
    Roman@AminovLaw.com | www.AminovLaw.com

3. James P. Frederick

2

1

Answered . The answer to your question depends a great deal on the circumstances. I have seen situations where these trusts could be set up for next to nothing. If your daughter is receiving government assistance, you need to be particularly careful so that your estate planning does not jeopardize her continued benefits. An estate planning lawyer can and should set this up for you. I would check with a number of attorneys in your area and see who you feel the most comfortable with.

James Frederick