I would like to know how do i go about getting my husband's papers fixed He was brought into the US at the age of 14

Rockledge, FL |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

He has been here since i really love my husband and wouldnt want him to get deported is there a way where he can fix his papers here in the US. Im pregnant and it would be hard being without him. Thank you for your time

1. If your husband has a high school diploma or a GED and has been here for 5 years and was in the U.S. on HJune 15th and was under 16 at his arrival in the US (and it sounds from your question that he was) and he is under 31 now and has the requisite record, he may be eligible for the 2 year status (DACA-Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) that President Obama announced on June 15th, 2012. DACA is NOT an actual non-immigrant or immigrant status. It is just a two year reprieve from any government proceeding and will provide your husband with work authorization. If he entered the country legally he may be eligible for permanent residency if you are a citizen and can meet all of the other requirements. I would consult a qualified Immigration Attorney . Good luck.

Debbi Klopman, ESq. 398 Bergen Street Brooklyn, NY 11217 www.debbiklopmanlawoffice.com dkny430@aol.com 718 622 1208 This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship

2. He may be eligible for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, but you should bear in mind that, at best, this is a temporary status. Whether that may at one point lead to permanent status, will depend on what happens with Immigration Reform. Also, it may be possible for you to apply for his green card, but he will need a waiver. Depending on the outcome of currently pending regulations, he may be able to submit this waiver without leaving the U.S. You should schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney to discuss these options and any others that may be applicable to your case.

3. Schedule an in person consultation to discuss his eligibility for DACA and to discuss a waiver because he will need one. As stated, there are pending regulations on the processing of waivers.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

4. DECA may be a provisionally available fix, yet, bear in mind that Deferred Action is a temporary provision that will not confer any prospective legal status in the United States. Invest in meeting with a professional immigration attorney to contemplate all available options so you can make an educated decision.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

5. It sounds as though he can apply for DACA. If you want a permanent solution, which I am sure you do, consult an immigration lawyer and discuss your case in detail. Good luck.

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state, whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

6. He may have options either for permanent resident status or as a childhood arrival. You would be well served to set up a consultation and discuss with an attorney.