I would like to know can the landlord kick me out without a eviction notice?

Middlebury, VT |

my landlord came up to me 4 days ago and say's he needs to move into my place and i need to move but hasnt giving me a eviction notice can he do that plus he threated to shut my power and water off too

A landlord who wants to evict a tenant has to follow the law. Title 9 of the Vermont Statutes, section 4463, states as follows:

§ 4463. Illegal evictions

(a) No landlord may willfully cause, directly or indirectly, the interruption or termination of any utility service being supplied to the tenant, except for temporary interruptions for emergency repairs.

(b) No landlord may directly or indirectly deny a tenant access to and possession of the tenant's rented or leased premises, except through proper judicial process.

(c) No landlord may directly or indirectly deny a tenant access to and possession of the tenant's property, except through proper judicial process. (Added 1985, No. 175 (Adj. Sess.), § 1.)

Hope this helps. I've also included a link to the ejectment statute below. There are other statutes that may apply depending on whether you live in a condo or not.

Not legal advice as you and I don't have a confidential attorney-client relationship. It's just general information responsive to your question. If you need legal advice, please consult a lawyer for an in-person, sit-down consultation based on all the facts and circumstances.