I would like to know about your DV and sex abuse of a small child laws are? Do they protect women? So they protect minors??

Wichita, KS |

Can I bring my granddaughter and great granddaughter home to Seattle and then let her take the baby into our family Pediatrician and if she fins that her worries of sex abuse are valid can we start a police investigation here? Can she leave your state with her daughter without repercussions????? i.e. kidnapping or anything of that sort?

My granddaughter is not a minor and is currently living in Kansas, I want information about Kansas state laws and how we can protect my granddaughter and great granddaughter.

Your post is a little obtuse and as such difficult to respond to.

In seeking an attorney on this site, beware of limiting your search to attorneys with a 10 rating, and carefully read the AVVO disclaimer regarding their rating system. There are certain factors that are given great weight which do not necessarily have any bearing on an attorney's experience, abilities, and results with certain types of cases. Accordingly, the rating numbers can be misleading. Also beware of basing your choice on the fee charged, as a low fee, depending on the skill, experience and determination of the specific attorney handling your case, could actually have an inverse relationship to the amount actually put in your pocket.

You can't just take your minor grand daughter to another state without permission, but you can certainly call the police where she is to investigate.

The answer to your question will greatly depend on the circumstances surrounding custody of your great granddaughter, whether she is married or not, etc. Some other factors will be: if she is married, whether her husband is the father of your great granddaughter; if she is not married, whether there is somebody else that has custody or visitation rights; whether there are any divorce or custody agreements/Orders governing the parties' rights to custody and visitation of your great granddaughter, etc. I would respectfully suggest that your granddaughter contact a local attorney that specializes in these areas of the law for specific guidance and advice.
In addition to the custody and travel issues, if your granddaughter believes that her daughter is being physically or sexually abused, she could have her checked by a medical professional and/or report her suspicions to the police or to the local district attorney’s office. There are also numerous organizations that provide shelter, services and protection to victims of abuse where she can seek help.

In seeking an attorney on this site, beware of limiting your search to attorneys with a 10 rating. Always carefully read the AVVO disclaimer regarding their rating system. There are certain factors that are given great weight which do not necessarily have any bearing on an attorney's experience, abilities, and results with certain types of cases. Accordingly, the rating numbers can be misleading. Also beware of basing your choice on the fee charged. A low fee, depending on the skill, experience and determination of the specific attorney handling your case, could actually have an inverse relationship to the amount you recovery and actually put in your pocket.