I would like to get my $ back + all expenses from breeder because she lied to me about the parents both having OFA certification

I bought a dog from a kennel in Mississippi. I currently have a 9 yr old lab with bilateral hip dysplasia. Prior to purchasing the new puppy my vet told me to ask if the new puppy's parents were OFA certified (good - excellent). Prior to putting a down payment on the new puppy, I asked if both parents were OFA certified. I was assured that both were. When my wife brought the puppy home, I was going through the paper work and noticed there were no OFA certification papers. When I called the breeder and asked about this, she told me that her "partner" had the papers and she would get them. Through many months of asking for the papers and the puppy showing joint dysplasia in both hips and elbows, she started saying that she can not get in touch with her "partner" and says he never had them.

Picayune, MS -

Anders Ferrington

Anders Ferrington

Personal Injury Lawyer - Jackson, MS

You can bring a claim. Most likely the amount would place you in Justice Court which handles matters under 3500.00 in value
Perhaps a strongly worded letter from a lawyer may resolve the situation

Sponsored Listing

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.