I would like to find out if there is a law that prohibits an illegal alien to open a life insurance to cover for his USA son

Dover, NJ |

I would like to find out if an illegal alien living and working in the USA for the last 10 years can buy a life insurance policy to protect her son that is a USA citizen . The life insurance will be paid by her own money . Please advise if there is a law that can not allow to do it . This person has a TIN number , bank accounts

I don't think there is a law against people who are out of status buying life insurance and making their citizen child a beneficiary. However, I would suggest that you discuss all the insurance policy at length with the insurance agent, and choose the one that is appropriate in this case.

2. As far as I know there is not a law that will prohibit this, especially with a TIN number.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

3. I don't know of any reason she could not.

This posting is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. For more information, please visit www.justinelderlaw.com.