I would like to find my mother's will

Asked over 1 year ago - Renton, WA

My name is Jose Kader, my mother was Exiquia Lagos (Kader) and she passed away in 2010. Before she died she told me had written a Will with a Lawyer's Office, perhaps somewhere in Waukegan, IL or Chicago, IL. My second sister took over my mom's property and collected her life insurance policy. She said was going to take care Mom's debts. My sister also indicated there was no Will done by my mother. I would like to find the lawyer who was working with my mom prior her passing. I would like to obtain a copy of that Will, if there is one on file with your Office. You can contact me at 425-277-9652 or my cell at 360-513-2334 or you can send me an e-mail at jkader70@gmail.com. Thank You, Jose Kader

1. Thuong-Tri Nguyen

3

Answered . You are asking about a will that might have been done in IL. However, you posted a message originating from WA.

It is doubtful that many attorneys from IL would see a message posted from WA.

Moreover, it is doubtful that the attorney that prepared the will would see your message.

First, you should repost using a location from IL to increase your chances of someone from IL seeing your message.

Second, you should contact the bar associations in IL and Chicago to find out about their advertising rates. You can advertize in the associations' publications . Perhaps the attorney that prepared your mother's will would see your advertisement.

If your mother died intestate (without a will), you may get more through what is provided by the statutes than by what your mother provided in her will.

Unless your mother had a surviving spouse, your mother's children likely would be the persons to inherit under the intestate statute.

You should review the specific facts with attorneys in the state where your mother lived before passing.

2. Mark David Brynteson

2

Answered . Go to "find a lawyer" at the top of the page and search for a probate lawyer in you area. You should be able to e-mail them directly-ask the question directly to them via e-mail. They can give you some guidance. Local knowledge is important in your case.

3. Adam S. Bernick

2

Answered . It is important that you contact a local probate attorney to discuss the matter. You should use the feature on AVVO for this or if you cannot find anyone to take the case, then call the local bar association.