I would like to file a waiver of inadmissibility under section ina 212(c). What form do I file if I am in U.S. and in removal?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

I have evidence of my physical presence, family and business ties. I read that I have to file Form I-191. But it seems to me that this form is for applicants who are currently outside of the U.S. I am in removal proceedings but am currently in the U.S.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . If you are in removal proceedings you must, you absolutely must, hire an attorney and ask him/her how to proceed.

NOTE: If you are low income go here: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/

2. Alice Antonovsky

4

Answered . I completely agree with my colleague. Filing a waiver of inadmissibility is a very complex matter and I urge you to retain the services of an experienced immigration attorney right away. A question such as this cannot be adequately answered in this forum. Good Luck.

3. Meredith Riley Brown

4

Answered . I would only add that there are many non-profits in the NY area who could help you. We do not have the info to even confirm if you are eligible for this waiver...if the Immigration Judge directed you to do so that is fine, but your must seek out your own legal counsel.

4. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

2

Answered . I-601 waiver and Cancellation of removal if you have a qualifying relative, good moral character, and 10 years continuous presence in US generally.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal righs. Good Luck!

THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C.
    “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE”

Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
    www.EstrellaLawyer.com

5. Jennifer Maude Oltarsh

2

Answered . The form depends on why you are inadmissible or removable. The hardship level also differ as do who are qualifying relatives. Find an atotrney to assist you who is well versed in waivers. Out firm has handled many waiver applications successfully for 45 years i nthe imnmgiraiton practice.