I would like to apply for deferred action?

I got charged with shoplifting 2 yrs. ago I did probation and my case was deferred. Ive been in the states since I was 5 yrs. old and have a high school diploma. Right now I am going to college but is there any way I can qualify for deferred action with that on my criminal record.

Houston, TX -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Yes.

Hector J. Lopez

Hector J. Lopez

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

It sounds like you may still be able to apply because your shoplifting conviction may qualify as a non-significant misdemeanor. It is best that you consult the specifics of your case with a qualified immigration attorney as you may only have one shot only to win the case.

Ingrid Arnalda Morfa

Ingrid Arnalda Morfa

Immigration Attorney - Orlando, FL

I agree with my colleagues. It appears that you may be a good candidate for DACA. I suggest that you obtain the certified disposition from the court to take with you when you consult an immigration attorney.