I worked in my overseas company for two years and then took L1A visa and went to US. After working in US for 1 year ..continued

Atlanta, GA |

my US company decided to close down that company due to financial issues. So I returned back from USA and I continue to work for the overseas branch of the same company where I was employed earlier. My company is opening another company in the US now and have asked me to go to the US and head the operations there. After I have returned from US , I have worked in my overseas company since last two months. Am I eligible for L1 visa considering the fact that I worked in this company for over 4 years - 2 years in Overseas office, one year in USA and last two months back in the overseas office. Please advise.

1. Were you a manager?
    Will you be a manager?
    Have you spoken to the company's immigration lawyer.

You should have answered all 3 questions with yes.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. It appears that you are eligible again for an L visa since you have worked for the overseas company for at least one year within the past three years.