I worked for ponderosa steakhouse in kissimmee florida (westside) its a buffet which means the customer pays first then gets a

Davenport, FL |

table ,it was just my luck to get this table before i was cut ,it was the table from hell only 6 entrees purchased and 8 people sitting ,i asked them who is not going to eat so i can let my manager dennis know,i was called a azzwhole in spanish and they pointed to grandma and said shes n ot eating ,i left to hang tickets in back ,i come back out and theres 2 more guests i ask again whos not eating by that time a manager was walking with one guest and she was complaining about me being rude, next thing i heard was a loud bang and the husband stands up and runs towards me and he was screaming i shouldn't disrespect them he wanted to fight me i apologized to him for any misunderstanding ,manager laughed and told me if he had to refund them i was fired ,everything was caught on camera with audio

manager never asked me my side he just assumed i did something wrong i feel that was not a safe work enviroment for me and i hope ponderosa fixes this, in the buffet business this is an on going problem which management places on its servers , p.s at ponderosa if you dont make sure everyone has paid i would and will be responceable for paying for any unpaid guest and that was also told to me on camera with audio

You can certainly talk with an employment lawyer about what happened. Generally speaking, employees can be fired for pretty much any reason though.

I am licensed in Pennsylvania. Members of my firm are licensed in various states, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. We handle cases involving personal injury (car accidents slip and falls, etc.,) medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, workers' compensation, social security disability and legal malpractice. Nothing I write on Avvo is legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in anything I write on Avvo without retaining your own lawyer in your state. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance.