I worked for a Senior Care company and recently resigned because of lack of payment. The "president" threatened me via text

White City, KS |

I worked for the company for a very short time (32 days). They had been telling me that the weather was the reason I was not receiving payment. Today when I finally decided to resign the president of this company proceeded to threaten me with soliciting and HIPPA violations if I contacted or spoke to the client i was caring for. Is their any legal action I could take and or is there any legal action he could take if and when the patient calls me?

I don't know that you've provided us with enough info to answer this question. If they're not paying you, that's a good reason to quit. I don't know that you can be in HIPPA violation for speaking to a patient about his/her own medical treatment. Do you have an employment contract with this company? If you do, it might have provisions regarding solicitation/competition of clients after the employment relationship has ended.