Skip to main content

I worked for a large corporation and I was laid off. How can I obtain my pension payout if I did not work with a valid ssn?

Madera, CA |

I came to the US as a child and my parents brought me illegally. I have been working with a SSN that is not valid and does not exist with the Social Security Administration. I worked for a large corporation that offered a pension plan and was recently laid off. My profile was flagged as 'Bad SSN' and they are asking for proof, a copy of my social security card before I can cash out my pension. I continuously receive letters from Fidelity asking for this information because they want to pay out my pension...

Attorney Answers 3


I'd say you have bigger problems than trying to get that pension paid out.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


You admitted to defrauding the U.S. Government and your employer. You now want a licensed attorney to help you get pension money? Be careful who you tell this story to.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


I'm guessing the answer to the question you asked is "You can't."

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics