I worked for a large corporation and I was laid off. How can I obtain my pension payout if I did not work with a valid ssn?

Madera, CA |

I came to the US as a child and my parents brought me illegally. I have been working with a SSN that is not valid and does not exist with the Social Security Administration. I worked for a large corporation that offered a pension plan and was recently laid off. My profile was flagged as 'Bad SSN' and they are asking for proof, a copy of my social security card before I can cash out my pension. I continuously receive letters from Fidelity asking for this information because they want to pay out my pension...

I'd say you have bigger problems than trying to get that pension paid out.

You admitted to defrauding the U.S. Government and your employer. You now want a licensed attorney to help you get pension money? Be careful who you tell this story to.

I'm guessing the answer to the question you asked is "You can't."

Recommended articles about Employment