I worked for a company and I had an emergency whereas I passed out and instead of coworker calling 911 first she called the boss

Las Vegas, NV |

That coworker was fired on the spot and then my hours was cut short and I went from doing a great job at work to someone who was at fault for others mistakes just because I worked with any other coworker. Mistakes were made by others but I get yelled at cause I was there and should have stop them. When I questioned why my hours was cut I was told of cut backs but yet they continued to hire and new staff member got more hours than me. Finally, I am fired 45 days after I had collapse at work. I only been late once and only missed 1 day of work.

1. You may have protection under the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law equivalents if your hours were cut and you were terminated because of a disability or because management perceived you as disabled after you collapsed.

2. An employer can fire you for any reason, including no reason, as long as it doesn't include anything in the "protected classes" which include:
    Age
    Disability
    Equal Pay
    Gender Identity or Expression
    National Origin
    Pregnancy
    Race
    Religion
    Retaliation
    Sex
    Sexual Harassment
    Sexual Orientation

Like Nicholas mentioned, there *may* be something related to disability here if that was impeding your employment, but it doesn't jump out at me. Actually your comment clears up a lot, since there was the issue with the storage boxes, and they *can* fire you for that or anything related to it without any recourse for you.

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.