I worked (scheduled)for 5 months in a startup company, with the promise of future compensation and ownership.

Asked about 1 year ago - Maitland, FL

After one year I was given a small percent of the company (incorporated) but have never received the compensation for the 5 months working .

1. Tamara Mychelle Clay

5

Answered . You may want to speak with an attorney who can advise you based on the facts of your particular situation. Was there a written agreement in place? Did you work as an employee or an independent contractor? Did you work hourly or on a particular project? Was partial ownership of the company the only agreed upon compensation for the 5 months? What is the understanding regarding future compensation? Good luck to you.

2. Michael Charles Doland

4

Answered . Your facts are too ambiguous to be analyzed. Written or oral promises. "Given a percent" - Written or oral? Demands, oral or written to company (which is or is not still in existance)?

3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . "Future" compensation is very vague.
    Let this be a lesson to always get everything in writing.

4. Phillip Monroe Smith

3

Answered . Please state a question that you would like answered.

5. John P Corrigan

3

Answered . Your statement speaks to "future" compensation so what are your expectations as to the first 5 months of work performed? You give no facts about what your deal was as to current compensation for ongoing services vs. Deferred compensation ? Please repost with some decent facts and the question you want answered as the current post will not garner you much value...because no one knows what you are really asking. Help us help you!