I work with a disabled man who was given steel toed boots, he used them to kick me. I was not the first victim. What can I do?

Asked 9 months ago - Knoxville, TN

My boss knew about first attack but did nothing. Any repercussions to the boss?

I am a direct care staff, and there are no practical or work related reasons for the boot. The man has a history of violence and is on a sharps restriction.

1. David Craig Lee

Answered . Yes, you have a cause of action against the person who knew of the violence and ignored it. You must prove damages. Go to the doctor and get treated. No treatment = no damage. Did you suffer any broken bones? Did you have an ambulance ride? Hospital stay? Did you take pictures of the contusions, abrasions, etc? Have you lost work? These are standard indicators of seriousness of injury.