I work with a disabled man who was given steel toed boots, he used them to kick me. I was not the first victim. What can I do?

Knoxville, TN |

My boss knew about first attack but did nothing. Any repercussions to the boss?

I am a direct care staff, and there are no practical or work related reasons for the boot. The man has a history of violence and is on a sharps restriction.

Yes, you have a cause of action against the person who knew of the violence and ignored it. You must prove damages. Go to the doctor and get treated. No treatment = no damage. Did you suffer any broken bones? Did you have an ambulance ride? Hospital stay? Did you take pictures of the contusions, abrasions, etc? Have you lost work? These are standard indicators of seriousness of injury.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others. Thank you. This response may provide information relating to potential legal issues. Nevertheless, your review of any information contained herein is not a substitute for legal advice from qualified legal counsel. For this reason, you should not rely on this response as a source of legal advice. Your use of this information does not create any attorney-client agreement. In order to become a client of David C. Lee, you must negotiate a specific attorney–client agreement with an attorney from this law office.

Recommended articles about Personal injury