I work full time and own a small business one the side

Asked almost 3 years ago - Dover, MA

can my wife use the second business to calculate alimony or child support?

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

11

29

Best Answer

Answered . Great question and I beg you to sit down with a good local attny and go over the facts with her or him, most likely you second job will not count towards alimony but it will towards child support. Many more things to consider. google or avvo attnys and sit with a few. they won't bite. Most won't.

2. Kevin R Leeper

5

1

Answered . for cs not alimony

3. Nicole C. Armstrong

3

Answered . It depends on what your income was and the source at the time your child support was initially calculated. If you had both jobs at the time the Order was implemented, then likely that will sustain. If you started the small business after the Order was implemented, then there is a presumption that that income is excluded from consideration for both child support and alimony purposes.