I work for a small cleaning company and i recently told them that i would not be abler to work can he sue me?

Las Vegas, NV |

He sad that i have to train the new person and if i dont he will sue me bause he will loose the offices that he cleans can he do that he also hasnt given me my last check.

He has no case against you. He is trying to bully you.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Thnks for the answer. Can I do something about him bullying me about the job and not wanting tk give me my check?

Nevada is an employment at will state, which means you can be hired or fired for any reason or no reason (as long as there's no discrimination or other unlawful behavior). Unless you have an employment contract, you are not required to give your employer notice that you are leaving. You also do not have to train your replacement.

Under Nevada law, if you quit your job, the employer must pay you on your next regular pay day or within 7 days, whichever is earlier. If this time period has lapsed, you can file a complaint against the employer with the Nevada Department of Business and Industry, Office of the Labor Commissioner. Good luck.

Thanks for the answer but can he sue me because he is losing the offices that he cleans? Its going to be 3 days since my check was do on what if he gives me a check without any funds he has done that in the past. I really appreciate your help

NV is an at will employment state and you can quit for whatever reason you want, even without any notice.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice. Mr. Leroi answers questions on Avvo because he strongly believes in public service from his years as a judge, magistrate, and prosecutor. If you need to ask any follow up questions because my answer did not fully address your question, feel free to call Chris or post an additional question. Thank you.

At will employment runs both ways; employees can leave with no notice, and employers can fire without notice.

Recommended articles about Employment