I work for a small cleaning company and i recently told them that i would not be abler to work can he sue me?

Asked 10 months ago - Las Vegas, NV

He sad that i have to train the new person and if i dont he will sue me bause he will loose the offices that he cleans can he do that he also hasnt given me my last check.

1. Richard Edmund Hawkins

Pro

3

Answered . At will employment runs both ways; employees can leave with no notice, and employers can fire without notice.

2. Mishka L Marshall

Pro

4

Answered . Nevada is an employment at will state, which means you can be hired or fired for any reason or no reason (as long as there's no discrimination or other unlawful behavior). Unless you have an employment contract, you are not required to give your employer notice that you are leaving. You also do not have to train your replacement.

Under Nevada law, if you quit your job, the employer must pay you on your next regular pay day or within 7 days, whichever is earlier. If this time period has lapsed, you can file a complaint against the employer with the Nevada Department of Business and Industry, Office of the Labor Commissioner. Good luck.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

1

Answered . He has no case against you. He is trying to bully you.

4. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

2

Answered . NV is an at will employment state and you can quit for whatever reason you want, even without any notice.